The 2016 event will be held Sunday 15 May
University Conference Centre, St John's Campus
For travel directions by car to the St John's Campus on the West side of the River Severn, click here for a linked pdf map and directions. If you travel by car, I recommend that you use the Malvern gate to the St John's Campus because car park C and the Conference Centre are that side of the campus. The campus is served by First Midlands bus service 31. which runs every half hour on Sunday.
When You Arrive at the St John's Campus
- Use the St John's Campus map (pdf file).
- Use the nearest car park C, which is pay-and-display £2 for the whole day.
- When you arrive, please register at The Conference Centre on the campus map
- Parents, guardians or adult escorts are responsible for children between rounds and outside the playing area, which is in the Conference Centre, and the organisers reserve the right to ask security staff to exclude children whose behaviour is unruly.
- Adults please note the whole campus is no smoking except for signed smoking areas.
Facilities at the St John's Campus
- The Dining hall and vending machines are available throughout the day.
- Snacks, hot and cold drinks available from 10am until 3pm
- Hot snacks available lunch time
- The students' Union shop is open from 12 noon and sells groceries, magazines, and university branded goods.
- A limited number of children's chess books, chess badges, biros and key rings will be available for purchase between 11am and 3pm.