- Sat 23 Sep. Ray Dolan’s Massive Generation Game match at Ryecroft Community Hub, New Forest Road, Wallsall WS3 1TR. Over 50 boards, 10am to 3pm, two games, standard play 1 hour time control. Free registration and entry.
- Wed 27 Sep. Worcester Knights play away in the Rapidplay league against Kidderminster.
- Thu 28 Sep. Worcester Rooks play away to Longbridge in the Challengers League.
- Thu 5 Oct. Worcester Knights playat home to Redditch in the Rapidplay League.
- Wed 11 Oct Worcester City play away to Kiddeerminster in the Championship League.
- Sat 14 Oct. Worcestershire u1450 play Staffordshire away for the u1450 Midlands team championship.
Worcester Rooks beat Stourbridge
21 Sep 2023. The scoreline did not reflect the tough battles in this match. On board 1 Collett was lucky to escape with half a point when his opponent, short of time, offered a draw. Flynn, Oxtoby and Rastall won their games. Oxtoby’s game was a marathon with victory eventually coming in a R+BP vs R ending. View score card.
Worcester Knights go down to Longbridge
14 Sep 2023. In the first Rapidplay fixture of 2023-4, the Knights team lost playing away. Joe Rastall was the only Worcester player to win his games. See score card.
Worcester Bishops win their first fixture
7 Sep 2023. The team beat Longbridge for its first victory of 2023-4 in defence of the championship won last year. New player Jacques Olden won his game as did Seamus Flynn and Arnold Kirkland. See score card.
Worcester’s team captains for 2023-4 season
31 Aug 2023. Captains for the new season are: City team, Rob Sutton; Rooks, Scott Oxtoby; Bishops shared by Aiden Griffiths and Andy Gilhooly; Knights Chris Lee. Aiden is selecting the team to defend the division’s title in the opening fixture. Scott’s rating has improved so that he is unable to play in the Bishops team and he takes over the Rooks, while Chris takes the rapidplay Knights team.
Worcester u1650 team win the Summer Cup
25 Aug 2023. Aiden again captained his team to victory in theaway final against Longbridge. It was a close run thing with the match score 2 - 2, but Seamus won on board 1 to take the match on tie-break. The open team final for the Towers Cup was also played, but Worcester lost 1-3 to Redditch. See full score cards.
Worcester beat Hereford
1 Jun. Worcester played Hereford in the away fixture in the second of two friendly matches. Worcester had strengthened its upper boards compared with the home fixture and won 5-2. See score card.
First evening at 2023 summer venue8 Jun 2023. Good weather ensured games could be played outside at the 2023 summer venue Spin The Black Circle, Pump Street. members and visitors enjoyed a beverage of their choice and interesting games.