Retyped from document received from league secretary 1993
- The League shall be called the "Worcester and District Chess League".
- The object of the League shall be:
- to promote the playing, teaching and development of the game of Chess in Worcester and district;
- to promote competitions between clubs and individual players in Worcester and District.
The League shall consist of:
- A President;
- Life Vice-Presidents;
- Member Clubs.
- Any chess club whose place of meeting is within Worcester and District, shall be eligible for membership of the League. The geographical extent covered by the phrase "Worcester and District" is purposely not defined so that clubs further afield than the environment of Worcester may be admitted to membership.
- a) The subscription payable by Member Clubs and their players participating in league activities shall be those presently subsisting or as decided from time to time by the League in a General Meeting.
b) All such subscriptions shall be payable by 15 November in each year or, in the case of subsequent individual registrations, on application for Registration if appropriate.
- The supreme authority of the League shall be vested in the Annual General Meeting of its members, which alone shall have the power to make, repeal and amend Rules. The following shall have the power to vote at general meetings:
- the President;
- the Life Vice-Presidents;
- Officers of the League at the time;
- One representative from each team.
The Quorum for a General Meeting shall be five persons and no person shall have more than one vote.
- The business of the League shall be conducted by the Executive Committee in accordance with the decisions of the Annual General Meeting. The Executive Committee shall meet at such times as the President and Secretary may deem necessary and shall consist of:
All League Officers shall be honorary; shall be elected or confinned by vote of an Annual General Meeting; and, shall vacate their office annually with the exception of the President who will hold office for two years. The Quorum for an Executive Committee meeting shall be five persons.
- the President;
- the Secretary;
- the Treasurer;
- one delegate from each Member Club;
- such additional persons as the Annual General Meeting may from time to time determine.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt any suitable person and shall be empowered to form sub-committees if these are considered necessary. Should any officer die or resign, the Executive Committee may fill the vacancy until the next Annual General Meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held during the month of September.
- An extra-ordinary General Meeting shall be called upon requisition to the Honorary Secretary signed by no fewer than three secretaries of Member Clubs stating the purpose for which such meeting is requested. Such meetings shall take place within a month from the receipt of the requisition by the Honorary Secretary and the business to be transacted shall be confined to that dealt with in the requisition and any other business of which the Honorary Secretary shall have received similar notice not less than ten days before the date of the meeting.
- ln all cases seven days notice of any league meeting together with an agenda oHhe business to be transactedshall be sent to each Member Club and League Officers. Notice of any motion to be submitted to the Annual General Meeting shall be in the Honorary Secretary's hands by 31 August.
- Voting at all meetings shall be by show of hands unless a secret ballot shall be demanded by any member present. In all cases a simple majority shall suffice to carry any proposition or amendment. Should the voting on any motion be equal, the President, or if he is absent, the duly elected chairman of the meeting shall give a casting vote. No person shall have more than one vote by virtue of possessing more than a Single qualification. There shall be no voting by proxy.
- All monies expended and received shall be accounted for by vouchers. The accounts of the League shall be audited by an Honorary Auditor who shall be elected by the Annual General Meeting and shall be a member of the Executive Committee.
- AII matters out of, or not covered by these Rules, shall be decided by the Executive Committee